Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Mixed Messages"


Yesterday I spent hours cutting, arranging, and just could not get anything together. I didn't have an idea to start, and it was only after a long time thumbing through old books and magazines that an idea started to evolve. Then I remembered looking at a magazine and noticing the mixed messages being sent to readers (which all seem to add up to "be perfect") and this is the piece that I ended up with. Magazines like the ones I was using are filled with articles that suggest everything can be changed, solved, corrected, perfected whether it be physical, emotional, lifestyle.... and then one can be happy! Magazine collage 8" x 10".

1 comment:

denise said...

This is a great comment on the 'you must be even better' messages fed to us through media and advertising. Love the way you collaged the figure together.