Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Playing in my visual diary


Not achieving much, maybe after concentrating on completing the collage project I need some time off.
Firstly there's a quick paint sketch, one of a few in my visual diary, again on the mining theme. I've rotated this and it's the 'wrong way around" (there is a 'poppet head in it which is not the right way up), but I thought it looked better that way, or any other way in fact except the right way up.
I tried pastels - still don't really like the way they feel in my fingers but I've bought a whole roll of black building paper so I'll persevere and maybe I'll actually create something worthwhile ...eventually! This was a warm up exercise.

The face is collage papers that I've painted on then cut and put together, touching up roughly with paint...in fact the whole thing was very quick and rough - I've been thinking of using this kind of thing for a base for painting.

1 comment:

denise said...

I like the energy in the painting and the pastel and the collage head is great. :)