Friday, February 02, 2007

Crashed Computer but a new start...

My computer crashed! I've spent the whole day getting all my programmes back on and I've lost a lot. I had a problem a year ago but managed to pick up a lot of what wasn't backed up through other user accounts (stupidly I was the computer administrator, had only one CA and couldn't access my account). This time I couldn't get past DOS and in the end decided to run the system recovery. I'm too impatient to wait and get help. But it reminds me that I haven't established good backup habits still.

I think in one way it's not a bad thing to have an "empty" computer and start again with the new year.

So, no art at all - except for thinking about ideas! I've gone through my collage and believe I've enough to send away so I can move onto other media. For a few minutes I thought I couldn't part with one or two, but then reminded myself that I'd done them to send away, and that its good to move on. I think the process has given me some ideas for future works and I'm already taking one of them into paint.

2 comments:

denise said...

Sorry to hear about the computer crash, but good you are taking it in stride :)
Congrats on finishing all the collages - and on managing to part with them :). Love that you are going to take some of them into other work - these pieces you've shared are all so strong and beautiful, very soulful creations. :)

Anonymous said...

bugger. poor you.
I love your collages... love love them. I shouldn't really come and look at them in my current sad state because you are just so GOOD at them, and my own efforts are fairly pedestrian...
I like the lucky bear....
I love those collages. :-)