Monday, February 26, 2007

Looking around the room ...


is the provisional title of these mixed media 10cm x 30cm x 3.6cm canvases. I started with the photocollages I made, printed from the computer on ordinary paper then copied with the fax machine onto the same paper (just wanted a less defined copy), applied to canvas with binder medium, applied some modelling paste in places with a palette knife, and then applied layers of acrylic paints, some as thin glazes and others straight out of the tube, sometimes wiping with a rag, and drawn on them in some places with black ink. I've put one thin layer of acrylic glaze medium over it and will hang them on the wall now before deciding whether to do anything more to them.

2 comments:

denise said...

I really like what you've done with these - I like the combination of pattern and colours and that slightly elusive quality they have (that might not make sense - I can't pin down the right words just now....)

Anonymous said...

Wow - love the process, love the results. The effect is so ethereal.