Thursday, June 26, 2008

Title of one's memoir?


The above pages are from one of my journals - I always like to post a picture with each post, it vaguely relates to the topic!

Denise tagged me with the following assignment:
1. Write the title to your own memoir using SIX words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person that tagged you.
4. Tag 5 more blogs.

I've seen these 'tags' and never got involved...until now (though I won't "tag" others - feel free to participate though, those of you who visit my blog). But this is an interesting thought - what would your memoir be called? And, like Denise talked about, I could be flippant about this. I'm not thinking about this over time, but considering my use of "Dreamswork", and the Edgar Allen quote in the journal pages I'm using at the top of this blog, the title of my memoir relate to that and an experience several years ago. I remember that night thinking, as my car spun around after being hit head on by another car, that I wasn't real, I felt like a rag doll being flung around, and that it was all a dream. All that philosophy stuff - are we really here? In a more literal way, I have made a habit of remembering my dreams in the morning, writing them down, keeping notes as a resource for my writing and artwork - a source of creativity. Some people, and I'm one of them, believe we can to a degree set up what it is we are going to dream about before we go to sleep. And then, there is the concept of dreams as something to strive for in life. So I think my memoir, Denise, could be (not easy in 6 words)
Dreams are for creating and living.

Of course I've had a few other titles worked out, and have changed this blog post twice already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandra. Will look forward to sharing the Chocolates with you!

Anonymous said...

Title of one's Memoir is a great idea.