Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last day of 2007


Well I haven't been painting in the last few days but been busy sorting out work for a large exhibition and sale on 1 and 2 January, fifteen invited artists. I have eleven works in there, ten paintings, some mixed media incorporating my own photographic imagery, and one framed charcoal drawing (above). It's cropped from a larger drawing. I forgot to photograph it in the frame. Shall have to remember to take a camera tomorrow. Lots of little things to do - labels for the work, checking everything is tidy, everything ready to hang etc. As for pricing artwork, this is not so straightforward. Yesterday I finally settled on a formula and I can price according to size and be happy with the price. Another little dilemma was raised. I have one painting I, and my partner, are very fond of and he suggested it should be priced higher. Thought about this for a while, and decided that viewers and buyers don't have the same emotional attachment and it seems fair to price it the same as other works of similar size, so that's what I did.

1 comment:

denise said...

Happy New Year Sandra. Hope the exhibition prep went well, and that the exhibtion is successful for you.

Wishing you and your family the best for 2008. :)