Thursday, January 29, 2009

Autumn Fall


is the title of this painting which is one of those I've sold in the last month. At life drawing group, one of our models was lying on the floor, in this pose, and the idea came to me to compose this image of her as if she is part of the hills. At the time I'd travelled down to Wellington a couple of times on the train and it's fascinating seeing the changing landscape through the North Island of NZ. In the lower part of the island there are beautiful rolling hills that fold in upon each other. It fits in with my frequent theme of the body as the land and the earth mother.


Photo isn't fantastic, it isn't quite the finished painting... but you get the idea...

7 comments:

Melissa Muirhead said...

I really love this Sandra, the composition is fantastic. Can't wait to see the final version as it looks great as it is

Anonymous said...

Your body as landscape works are so evocative - I love them.

denise said...

Congrats on the sale Sandra. It is a lovely piece.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Painting Darling. Real Impact. Love Barbara

Unknown said...

Great artwork Sandra, I especially love this painting here! Congrats on the sale and have a creative week
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I really love your painting Sandra, for me its fantastic. Congrats on the sale.

Anonymous said...

Your work is Exciting Sandra. The Scarlet in the Acrylic painting and you Collages are Rich Tapestries no less.

Love Barbara