Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life drawing 19 November 2008







All done on brown or buff paper in mostly compressed charcoal and pastel. I scribble over the paper first in colours then draw on top of that. Mostly I block in the form lightly with a short piece of compressed charcoal, using it on its side. I then begin to draw, aiming to get one line...to look, commit and draw.

The painted sketch is done in a new product I picked up yesterday...can't recall name (my materials are still out in the car)...its watercolour in a tube with a brush, you take the lid off, turn the collar to 'on' and paint/draw. The brush isn't the best (they're for children...) and if you squeeze the tube ink can run down the page - though that could be used to effect. It was interesting to try them out, but difficult to control, and a limited colour range of red, yellow, blue and green.

The scribbly sketch is five 1 minute poses drawn in Crayola Twistables on white cartridge paper. All drawings are on A2 size paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the shadow behind the first Model becomes the Cape of Superman. Your work is so beautiful that tonight I Celebrate for you.

Love Barbara

Anonymous said...

Love the third one down. Can you email me if you're interested in selling it? Have a look at my post today - I admit I've tagged you. I's fine if you say no of course, but I hope you can do it - it's amazing how far and wide they get read!