Friday, November 09, 2007

Travelling Journal




These are the other three pages:


4. Cara has used paint, collage, written text in gold that reads: "It's not some impossible task I must struggle to complete...but something profoundly simple poised on the other side of a question that I can't quite answer. I don't even remember the words of the question...just the imprint it left behind ... it resonates differently now." The two images are of the sun on the left page, and a low angle shot of a cow beneath the Eiffel Tower.


Aren't these fascinating?


5. The next entry is by Cath, created in paint with her text:


If my art doesn't reflect me,

If I can't see my own hand in my art,

Then whose art is it really?

I have to ask myself -

Does it come from within me?

Does it reflect my soul and my passion?

Or have I copied the latest trends,

Played with the latest products,

Mimicked someone whose work I admire,

But lost my own voice in the process?

Can I see my hand in these pages...


Cath creates wonderful abstract images, and I don't believe her work is ever anything but original!


6. Created by Amanda, this collage work is full of interesting images. She has used a variety of art papers, vintage wallpaper (in which she wrapped the parcel for it's return journey),paper dress pattern, vintage advertisements, and the main text reads "Creating the perfect woman".


I think it is amazing how all the entries link together, create narrative, and yet each is so different.

2 comments:

denise said...

How wonderful that it made it home to you at last - and great to see the rest of the contributions.

Anonymous said...

OMG how wonderful - glad your journal made it home to you safe and sound. Thanks so much for sharing.