Friday, July 20, 2007

Haven't been idle



but haven't got much in the way of photos to upload at the moment. Here is a drawing from a drawing pad I keep in my bag - it's a quick drawing at Omokora looking across the bay where some yachts are moored (Bay of Plenty, NZ) done in a sepia pen on beige paper. The other is one of the drawings from our life drawing class that started up again this week. Red chalk pencil on white paper.


I've been painting - not ready to post pictures yet, and helping a friend transfer a drawing to a wall for a mural he will be painting. That is an exercise and a half! Trying to transfer from a grid to a wall...amazing how much difference a line an inch out of place can make. It's a good experience for me as I'm not the most patient of people when it comes to trying for accuracy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your classes are fun for the kids - much better than they "art" we did when I was at school. As for transferring something by grid onto a wall for a mural - rather you than me. I'm hopeless at anything needing real accuracy. Can't wait to see what the painting projects you're working on are...