Saturday, June 16, 2007

The many faces of a man





It's time I did some work on portraits I think! These are all the same model I'm embarrassed to say. The first one shows him rather heavier than he is. Because he was moving quite a lot while playing, he became a little bigger, then a little bit bigger still...I was turning him into a muscle man. The drawing where he is standing up (pencil, and I've adjusted the levels severely so it can be seen) is perhaps the closest likeness but still...I can get a good likeness if I draw very, very slowly with a pencil. There are three or four faces I've drawn like that onto my flickr page that I was happy with. The white paper is a wallpaper, an old lining paper, and I've used the matt side which has nice tooth. It is rather crumpled looking from packing in and out of the car, but it's interesting to draw on different types of paper.

No comments: